Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Surgery is Scheduled

Well, Katilyn's surgery to have a G-tube inserted is scheduled for Monday morning next week. The pumonologists will also be involved, as it will give them a chance to look at her vocal chords when she is under the general anethesia. Yuck, another ventilator to help her breathe while she is under.

I sadly am getting sick....Let's cross my fingers that she doesn't get it from me as we want her as strong as possible before her surgery.

She'll be going back to the campus where the NICU is for her surgery- yeah!!! We really tried to have her go back there, as I feel like it will be her big extended NICU family taking care of her in recovery.

5 comments:

hallegracesmama said...

I'm glad you will get to go back to the same hospital campus; that's definitely comforting! The surgery only took about 30 minutes for Halle, might be longer since they're looking at K's vocal chords. Be prepared for a rough time coming out of the anesthesia, it's completely normal. Do you know what kind of tube she is getting? If she's getting the Mic-Key, they often put in a long tube for a few weeks before actually inserting the button. We asked to have the button put in immediately instead so we didn't have to worry about her getting on her tummy and pulling the tube out. You might talk to the surgeon and see if he's willing to do that. Please email me if you have any questions at all and I'll try to help! good luck!!

Amy said...

Good luck--prayers coming your way.

Anonymous said...

Hi- My micropreemie never had this, but she did have double hernia surgery. I wanted to second the poster who said prepare yourself for post-surgery. There are lots of desats, etc. that bring you back to the NICU days and it is normal but very unsettling, like going back in time. -E

Anonymous said...

As the others have said, Mine too had difficulty after his heart surgery. Most babies were off the vent by the next day, but my son was on a vent for 7 days. He just likes to take his sweet time!

I will keep Kaitlyn in my prayers for a speedy recovery and hope that they can figure out this vocal chord problem.

Best wishes! :) Jodi

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you all on Monday and know everthing will work out. Please let us know...Thanks for sending Wayne a card. It really meant alot to him since you and Brian are so busy. Love Nancy