Pages

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Buy some jewelry and help March of DImes

A few days ago I received this sweet email:

"Hello! My name is Kristin and I have been following your blog for a while now, maybe a year and a half or so. I love reading about how well your little preemies Kaitlyn and Quinn are doing! Being a twin preemie myself (though not as small as your girls!) I find myself drawn to your blog. I have a small store on Etsy where I sell beaded jewelry that I make. This month I am trying to raise money for March of Dimes through my store. I was going to just make the donation directly to MoD but changed my mind...I would love to contribute towards your goal instead. My store is at http://thelaughinggirl.etsy.com/ "

When I asked Kristena bout she and her sister's brith, she wrote back:

"I'm not really sure how early my sister and I were...I've asked my mom but she says she doesn't remember what her due date was...all I know is that when she went to her last OB appointment they gave her a card with the date and time of her next appointment. That appointment was set for early January...we were born on December 7th. Her water broke a few days before that but they were able to keep her from going into labor long enough for her to receive meds that helped our lungs mature so luckily we were born healthy (via c-section), just a bit small (I was 3lbs12oz, she was 3lbs14oz, not really that small as far as preemies go today!), and only had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks to put on a little weight. "

And when I asked her about if she is close with her twin (as this question is always near and dear to my heart):


"We are very close...yes, we fight sometimes but at the end of the day we're still best friends. That twin bond is almost indescribable...we often say the same thing at the same time and even without speaking seem to know what the other is thinking. Being 29 years old we don't buy identical clothes any more (luckily mom stopped that by the time we were school-aged!) but there are days when we'll unknowingly get dressed in near-identical outfits!"

So, if you are looking to purchase some cute beaded jewerly, and want to help the Mach of Dimes in name of my girls, be sure to visit her shop online.

I know I For one am defintelly going to get a pair of angel earings, as I'm drawn to all things angels...

http://thelaughinggirl.etsy.com/

2 comments:

K said...

Thanks for the post, Liz! Just a quick note to let you know that 4 new bracelets and 4 pairs of earrings were added today!

Kristin :)

Courtney said...

I follow your blog as a mother of micro-preemie twins but wanted to chime in on my experiences as an adult twin. I have a twin brother and as for the twin bond - eh. We're brother and sister, and that's it, and that's fine with us. This may be a difference between same-sex twins. Just wanted to report on my experience with twin closeness ...

Thanks again for your great blog!