Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

24 Hours

OK, I think I forgot how much bedrest sucks, especially when it's in the hospital!

I've been here now for more than 24 hrs...

have had both doses of steroids, I'm feeling flushed (my cheeks are red) and am not feeling all that great.. forgot about the side-affects, must be the steroids.

Had some larger bleeding this morning, still older blood so hoping that it was just the clot coming out (the peri said we should be expecting it) and still have some more spotting. I'm here for the weekend either way, and will be reassed at that point whether I can leave or not. I have have red bleeding, I'm here for the duration.

After one day on bed-rest I forgot how miserable it is. I think it gets easier over time. (from what I recall). I think in the beginning you forget out much it SUCKs to loose your freedom. I got downgraded today to a different room, which is tiny and I'm going stir crazy.

dad and Kaitlyn came to visit again, but it's really hard to have K here, she wants to pull off my contraction monitor, my iv out of my arm (nothing attached, just the port for emergency if needed) and every other cord she sees every where and when on the bed with me elbows my belly (no good) as she doesn't really like (or isn't able) to sit still. I read her a few books which was great, but it was stressful to have her here in this tiny room. SUCKS. I miss her, I miss my freedom.

But as soon as she walked in the door I remembered why it's all worth it, for this little guy inside of me.

7 comments:

L I S A said...

Liz - hang in there! I know bedrest is no fun, but I'd love to do it all over again if I could. I know PP is scary, but you're in the home stretch. You're bringing home your son. Take care!

lisa

Sarah said...

Liz - 30 weeks... what an accomplishment. You are a trooper like none other! Mila and I think of you all day. If you get bored, find me on msn messanger.

skeybunny said...

Liz--you are in my thoughts. Bed rest sucks. Fingers are crossed you get to go home (One of Evan's therapists is 32 weeks right now, and she got off of complete bed rest after a week...so it does happen). I'm smiling imagining Kaitly on your hospital bed and the good "love tromping" I'm sure she gave you.

Sarah

Big Ali said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Know that as parents of preemies every day counts, so does every moment. We will pray for you and the baby.

23wktwinsmommy said...

Your in our thoughts...Hang in there! Keep us posted and know we're all rooting for you!

Stacy said...

Liz - I'm so sorry you are back in the hospital. I hope that this clears up & that you can get some time back at home - all the while keeping that baby safely tucked inside.

Prayers for you & your family.

Jamie and Jill said...

Thinking about you!!! Hang in there..you are doing GREAT!