Pages

Friday, June 13, 2008

Fire season is here!

Brian was called out yesterday to go on a "Strike Team" for a large (10% contained) forest fire in Northern California. He'll likely be gone for a week. He's there currently with 2,800 other fire-fighters.

It's in Butte county, California but it's being called the "Humboldt Fire" for whatever reason.

Click here for info on the fire he is helping fight:

And info from 2 local papers there:
www.paradisepost.com/
www.chicoer.com/

As of 6/13: Strong winds are making it very difficult to get crews ahead of the fire. The fire continues to spot in multiple directions.

Here's a fireman's poem:

Oh Lord, please help this firefighter To be skillful and brave. Please let me never falter When there are lives to save. Be with my fellow firefighters And ride with us each run; From the moment we "suit up" Until the job is done. Be with me as I guide a child Through the dark and smoky haze; Give me strength and courage As I fight the deadly blaze. Lord, I put my safety in your hands; But in the chaos and the strife, Help me act with selfless courage. God, just help me save a life. - Author unknown

Please pray for Brian to come home safe as well as my Grandmother who is gravely ill.

No comments: