Pages

Friday, June 13, 2008

Marin Multiples (MPOMC) Garage Sale

I think I've mentioned in the past that I am still actively involved with my local Multiples (Twins) club MPOMC where I live in Marin County.

Every year the club puts on a "garage sale" that is hard to describe! Members tag all of their items that they want to sell, there is strict quality control, and then members put on the sale. The night before the sale starts, all the members get a pre-shopping time. These pictures were taken right before any shopping was done. If you missed it this year, be sure to come next year! Lots of great bargains to be had.

A percentage of the sellers proceeds go back to the club to help in community outreach as well as club events. After the public sale ends on Saturday, families are chosen to come and shop for "free" and then all remainder items are donated back to the community. It's a wonderful thing to see.

The MPOMC Garage sale committee did an amazing, amazing job to put this sale on. I always feel so welcomed in the club and so many know my story. Everyone is so happy to see me pregnant and I feel like I get so much support from those who understand, as they would never say, "well, at least you have one baby!".

Thank you MPOMC members for your continued support of my family which started back in July 2005 when my water broke from amnio. Members brought me meals in bed, came by to give me company and have continued to support me ever since.







1 comment:

Shannon said...

man that looks super organized! How awesome!
-Shannon in Austin