Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

25 Weeks Today!!!

Wednesday 9/21/05
Week 25 today

2 Months + 1 Day since PROM

Sorry for the big downer in my last post, not sure why it’s been such a tough few days. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that yesterday was 2 months – 8 weeks – since I’ve been on bedrest, and I know (well I hope) that I have at least that to go.

Today I woke up even forgetting that it was Wednesday. That’s no good, today is always my big day, and I am actually now feeling better that I remembered. AND, today I’m getting a massage. I can’t wait. I’m so sore and achy, especially my back and shoulders.

Here's what BabyCenter.com says about week 25

How your baby's growing: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — doesn't sound like much, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. His hair is probably recognizable now (in color
and texture), although both may change after she's born.

My brother is coming to visit tomorrow for almost a week, so that’s also something to look forward to.

I had a lot of contractions all day yesterday, my stomach felt much “harder” all day, as it does when I’m having a contraction….wonder if because the babies are getting bigger or it was just a whole lot of contractions. No cramping though, tender though. And thank goodness, still no fever.

We didn’t have an ultra sound appointment yesterday as I originally said we were going to. The doc really wanted us to just stay at home rather than get out of bed and go in. I’d so love to know what is going on in my belly, as the increased leaking hasn’t gone away and I hope the contractions haven’t led to pre-term labor.

I’ve gotten to the point that I dread going to sleep, sleep continues to escape me. I guess it’s good training if we end up with a little one or two.

I will post a picture today of Buddy in his new surroundings. He’s doing well, he likes to eat (little fruit flies and tiny, tiny crickets). Brian yesterday went out and got him a half-log, well, it’s really like a curved half-piece of tree bark so he can hang out under it. He has been burring himself in the redwood bark that’s on the bottom of the cage. Half the cage is heated, and during the day we have a bright light on. Brian has really taken to Buddy (which I think is cute), as I’m the one who really wanted to keep him. He’s still very small, but it looks like his tail is starting to grow back. He’s still skittish around us, but yesterday Brian was able to pet him a little bit gently and he didn’t scurry away.

I think it’s funny and cute that a lot of people ask how Buddy is doing after reading about him here on my posts….thanks for asking!

A fellow PROM mom who did have twins (her PROM son has had some issues) sent me the following after she met with her doc: “I wanted to send you a message to let you know I thought of you and your babies today when we had our follow up with the NICU team that is watching Kyle. Right after the Dr came in the room and said "How's our miracle boy doing?" he went into a discussion about how he truly believes Kyle is here with us today because he was a twin. There are many advantages to being a twin during a prom pregnancy. Twins mature earlier in the womb. The unruptured twin creates the positive pressure that the ruptured twin needs for fluid movement. The unruptured twin creates cushion and reduces the chance of contractures. Plus any baby that is in stress in the womb will develop faster too. I wanted to share this with you and I to let you know that our stories are so similar and I pray for you and your girls each night.”

I found these words to be very encouraging, as it does seem to make a lot of sense.

I’ll update this post later with Belly and Buddy pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting info from your supporter and gives greater understanding of what is happening. Keep up the positive thoughts. We love you. Dad and Marcia.