Pages

Thursday, October 06, 2005

That hospital food's got to be getting old...

10/6/05

A quick note, as I have not actually spoken directly to Liz in the last day, and I normally check with her before posting stuff on her behalf.

Liz has been fighting a pretty serious fever, to the point where they packed her in ice last night. She was doing better today, but still trying to fight it off. Kaitlyn is hanging in there, the nurses say they are encouraged, no significant changes at this point. The first 48 hours are over, which is certainly a good thing.

Once I hear from her, I will post more details.

Regards,

Gary

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz ~ I wish you peace and health as you recover. We are all thinking about you on the prom list. So good to read that Kaitlyn is stabalized. I know you can't wait to get better so you can hold her. ~ Val

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, Brian and Gary,
Thanks for the update. Liz, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! There are SO many people praying for you & your family! Please take care of yourself!
God Bless,
Julie DeRuvo

P.S. When you are ready for catered meals, just let us know! The club will get them to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,
You and your babies and your man are in my thoughts. I am sooo sorry for your loss. I hope that you and Brian can soon really hold each other. And hold that wonderkind Kaitlyn.

I am sending you a link to a fantastic organization called CaringBridge. But the link is also to a specific story. I hesitate to send it because it is an intimate glimpse into the roller coaster that is the NICU. But I do think there is encouragement here. It is the ongoing journal and story of Francesca, a baby born at 24 weeks, 3 days. She is still fighting, growing and getting stronger 10 weeks later. I found out about her back in July when my water ruptured and yours did too. Someone let me know about Francesca because, like you, I was at risk of delivering any day.

http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewJournal.do?method=reload&scrollPage=10&ec=49
(If the link above doesn't work, go to caringbridge.org, click on visit, then type the name Francesca)

It's still one day, sometimes one hour at a time. Hang in there! I wish you strength, peace, grace and lots of love.

Virginia (Seattle)